Saturday, January 9, 2010

Kreativ Bloggers

First there was The Dark of the Matinee's post, then Univarn's. What am I referring to, you may ask? They've been nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award! And, thanks to Univarn, so have I! Wow, a blogger for five months and I'm up for an award. Univarn said about me:

Ever read a blog that reminds you of the days when you first fell in love with movies? MovieNut14's blog wonderfully captures that sense of community involvement, curiosity for all that encompasses film, and yet an intelligence for what makes a good movie well beyond their (or even my) years.

And this is what the award looks like:


Both cute and creepy for my tastes at the same time!

Unfortunately, getting an award like this comes with a twist:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

1) Did that up above.

2) Having some technical difficulties, but it's up there.

3) Sure, here you go.

4) Seven things, huh? Um, let's see:

~ As you could figure from the title of the blog, I am an avid movie watcher and reader.

~ I'm stuck living in the same house with a nutty Vassar freshman and an Albany Academy freshman who's obssessed with fishing and the Boston Red Sox. Or, to be more specific, my sister and brother.

~ I'm trying to expand my horizons as a movie watcher, particularly with works from great directors. I did see a number of works from classic directors last year, such as Hitchcock, Wilder, Kazan, Fellini, Bergman, Truffant, Coppola, Scorsese, Lumet, Kubrick...okay, y'know what? This just seems a lot easier.

~ Directors I'm a fan of? Tim Burton and Billy Wilder.

~ As for authors? I've taken a liking to Tennessee Williams and Stephen King.

~ I'm smart enough to veer away from P.O.C (pile of crap) movies, thanks in part to the blogging community and my own common sense.

~ Main reason for why I started this blog? Had nothing better to do. Oh, and also to voice my opinion.

5 and 6) This should be the easy part (maybe not since Univarn and The Mad Hatter used the ones I was gong to use!):

The King Bulletin: Insightful young reviewer who manages to grasp my interest. I particularly appreciate his pondering on The Dark Knight's MPAA rating.

Riku Writes - Mostly About Films

Film Experience Blog

The Movie Projector

John Likes Movies

I ARE MOVIES

Movies: Past, Present and Future

Well, in closing, I have an award and I'm proud of it.

2 comments:

  1. I also love Riku's site.
    And thanks for the links to other strong filming blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.